Wednesday, November 16, 2005

GYN ONC

I saw the gyn onc today. It well fairly well. The doctor is super nice... and young. What sucked was having to do another internal exam. IT HURTS! He put me on an estrogen patch to help with the hot flashes and my extra hair growth... did i mention before that although my hair has started to grow.. it's grown all over the place (my cheeks)?! Well, lack of estrogen will do that. I'm hoping it'll balance my emotional state too. He also recommended a genetic test (BRCA), women who test positive for BRCA mutations are at a higher risk for breast cancer. He also recommended that I see both doctors every 6 months. so that I'm seen by atleast one doctor every 3 months. That works out better... I get 2 people keeping an eye on me rather than one.

So that's that for now. I have to get ready for a dinner tonight. I found a young adult support group in the area and they're having a pre-thanksgiving dinner tonight. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home