Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The countdown has begun

4 more days until I return to work. Wow... I can't believe it's that time already. When I return to work, it'll be like starting a new job again. Plus just about half of the employees have quit since I've been gone, so there's a whole bunch of new people I don't know. I've been on medical leave for about 7 months now. I've gotten used to not working. Alot of people are asking if I'm ready for this. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I guess we'll just have to find out. I just want my life to be normal again.

7 weeks after chemo, this is where I'm at:
    Bad stuff:
  • numb fingertips and toes
  • most numbness in right hand
  • nail discoloration and ripples along nails
  • stiff muscles = worst in the mornings, mainly in legs
  • eye lashes and eye brows seem to still fall out
  • eyes can't focus at times
  • still waking up in the middle of the night -night sweats, needing to pee
  • hot flashes still bother me, but not as bad as before, but it does drain the energy out of me for a bit -i'll feel light headed and dizzy for a short time


    Good stuff:
  • some fuzz growing back: arms, knuckles, pubic, head (the only hair I want back is the hair on my head. I could care less for the rest -you women know what i'm talking about- )
  • able to walk up stairs with less pain
  • taste buds are back!! I can eat again!
  • sleeping almost through the night (used to wake up atleast 3 times a night, now just once or twice)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home