Friday, September 30, 2005

my doctor's appointment

Well, I saw Dr. Young today (my ob/gyn) and told him about my concerns regarding my stomach pains. The reason why I went to see Dr. Young instead of Dr. Goodman (my oncologist) was because I was due for a follow up from the surgery -so figured I'd take it up with Dr. Young so I wouldn't have to make two appointments. I guess this is why it would be good to have a gynocological oncologist. Dr. Young checked me over, he said he doesn't see anything wrong. He had me take another ca125 blood test just to see where my cancer marker is at (last tested it was at 5,which is GREAT). He told me if my stomach doesn't feel any better in another 2 weeks to call him back, then he'll schedule me for a ct scan. He also mentioned that these pains could be from scar tissues, in that case... not much he can do. =(

I'll get the results of the blood test next week.... .

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,I blog jumped here and read about your journey. I'm sending lots of understanding, support and hope your way.

Live out loud!

s.

 
At 10/15/2005 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Linda. I'm a blog jumper too. The emotions, mood swings, and fear of cancer returning are so completely normal. I have seen my doctor more since treatment ended then I did during treatment. I keep having every pain, twinge, unusual feeling checked out. And the doctor obliges me becuase she understands that the wear and tear mentally would be worse than having a nother tests/ultrasound/xray/blood draw. The chemo supresses your estrogen and that causes mood swings and depression. And now your body is fighting to find some balance after all that treatment. Just remember that there are so many others who are experiencing the same thing, whether we are OVCA, BRCA, or other type of cancer. Be sure and mention the mood swings to your doctor and he/she might have resources that will help you. Otherwse, know that there are man y of us out here, just like you, that understand and support you. Peace to you my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home