Thursday, October 27, 2005

Results

Today I saw Dr. Goodman for the results of my CT scan. Good news! He's pretty sure it's not cancer (yeah, i heard that one before). My ca125 is 5... still normal. My blood counts and kidneys and those other blood functions are fine. But the results of the CT scan shows abdomenal wall thickening and possible swelling of the small intestine (some technical name that starts with a "d" that I don't remember). This is the result of the surgery. Radiology suggested I also get an ultra sound. Not quite sure what they're looking for. So that'll be coming up in the next 2 weeks or so.
It sucks, to get rid of one problem (removal of the tumor) you end up with a WHOLE other problem (scar tissues = abdomenal problems). And if it's scar tissues that's causing the pains and discomforts... there's basically nothing you can do. If they go in and remove the scar tissues, that just causes even MORE scar tissues. So basically, you just have to get used to this new feeling of discomfort in your life. =(

I also requested to have a follow up with a Gynocological Oncologist (an oncologist who deals specifically with female cancers). Not sure when that's going to happen yet. But I've been told it's HIGHLY recommended to be followed by a GYN ONC. Which makes sense.

Can you believe there's only 2 more months til the end of the year??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home