Tuesday, August 08, 2006

poor little '69 vw bug

I can't believe i forgot to mention what happened today!? Gerry's little '69 VW bug caught on fire in the parking lot of Walmart! i only wished I had my camera with me to catch it all. Gerry and I were just leaving Walmart. We took seperate cars because Gerry just got off work and met me at Walmart. Well, I packed our stuff into my truck and I headed home. 4 mins later I get a call from Gerry telling me to turn around... his car was on fire. I'm like..."for real?" I just got onto the freeway so I had to drive down to the next exit and turn around. I told him he needed to call 911. All sorts of thoughts were running through my mind. Just my luck, i hit all red lights on the way back! when I got back to the exit where Walmart was... I saw in the parking lot a puff of black smoke. I'm thinking... this little car is a ball of fire. By the time i pull up into the parking lot, i see a fire truck and the figher fighter hosing down the bug. Theres Gerry... with this sad look on his face watching his little bug go down. I missed out on the flames. The car was smoking and dripping with water. The fire fighter was hosing down the inside of the car. Actually... the fire damage isn't as bad as the water damage. But the engine is shot. it was a good thing I put the stuff we bought from walmart into my car.. or else we would have lost everything! i wonder if Walmart would have given our money back. maybe i can get a picture of the bug tomorrow. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home