Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back to school

Last friday was my last day at work. Thank God I'm out of there. It was about time I left. Now I could put the Crescent drama behind me. They threw me a little going away party. It was cool. I got a few gift cards and some cash (already used the cash to buy my books). My first class starts next Tuesday! I'm excited and scared. It's been 8yrs since I've been out of school. I'm not sure what to expect this time around. I'm older, more mature, I've done this before. It should be ok, right? I wont make the same mistake as I did when I tried college the first time around.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Linda

Hope life apres-chemo is being completely great for you.
And congratulations on the engagement! That is really wonderful.

I hope school is a great experience for you. Maybe going back to school is a by-product of the chemo, because I went back to school last fall.
It's good to just jump and go do the things we say we want to do but always have a list of reasons why we can't do that today.

I hope you have a great time in school and that you have a new and spectacular chapter starting in your life.

All the best in 2006.

Spike

 
At 1/12/2006 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
I went back to school after being out for awhile - okay it was decades ago, but still relevant - I was a much better student.. took it fairly seriously and really enjoyed it.
I hope that you have a great time and learn lots.
Congrats on your after-chemo life. I have had 3 chemo treatments so far - Stage III OC. I find inspiration in all who are survivors. Keep on Keeping on.
Vicki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home